Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The summer wind...

...Summer is slowly fading... Miami is getting cooler! No heat or humidity today (a first) So it seems like we're moving, (finally!) towards winter! ;)

Today's breakfast (which is being eaten right now)

Blueberries, Strawberries, 2 TBSP oats, Homemade pumpkin syrup, crushed almonds all settled into a pool of almond milk
Yummm. ♥ I love fruit cereals.



This weather, I must admit, has me excited for the upcoming holidays. I'm already thinking about Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas! October is my favorite month of the year. It's lovely... the time where stores start changing their displays from Sun-kissed blondes frolicking in the beach, to pumpkins and Fall decorations. Candy already being sold for Halloween, Starbucks getting into the mix with Pumpkin Spice Lattes, canned pumpkin back in season. (You know how I love this.) Pumpkin pies, fresh baked goods with an Autummn twist (i.e.: Jack 'O Lantern shaped cookies)

I'm all giddy!

Q: What is your favorite holiday?

Mine would have to be Thanksgiving and Christmas... One for the food, the other because its so magical! Lights adorning every corner, the little excitement that still builds on the 24th... and the wait for New Year's only a few days after.

No comments:

Post a Comment